Everybody smiles and since snowboarding is extra fun. here are some facts about smiling cuz we're having a better time than you.
1. When someone smiles in is universally known as an expression of happiness which is recognized by almost all cultures.
2. When a person studies laughter they are known as a ‘gelotologist’.
3. There are over 18 different types of smiles that are used in a variety of social situations. For instance, people can use a smile to say a hello, and they can also use a different type of smile to show their understanding of a particular situation.
4. A frown uses more muscles to contract and expand then a smile does.
5. A smile is one of the most used human facial expressions. Smiles can use between 5 to all 53 muscles.
6. Smiling releases endorphins and makes us feel better, even when you fake a smile you can feel better.
7. A person that smiles more is deemed to be more pleasant, sincere, attractive and more sociable then a non-smiling person.
8. We are born with the ability to smile; it is not something that we copy. For instance, even blind babies are able to smile.
9. Humans are able to differentiate between a real smile and a fake smile by seeing the difference in a person’s eyes when they smile.
10. Newborns tend to have more preference for a person with a smile then a person that is not smiling.